To use emoji on the Mac
- Position the cursor in any text field you’d like to insert an emoji, like posting a tweet for example.
- Press the command and control keys on your keyboard. Then press the space bar.
- That will launch the Characters palette.
- Click on the Emoji icon in the sidebar.
- Emoji are divided into several categories: People, Nature, Food & Drink, Celebration, Activity, Travel & Places, and Objects & Symbols.
- Click on whichever emoji you’d like to use and they’ll be inserted where you left your cursor.
- When you’re done, click on the red circle in the upper left hand corner of the Characters palette to make it disappear.